Payroll / Account Payables Clerk
The Payroll/AP Clerk position is responsible for administering and processing the organization's payroll and time/attendance systems. Also, s/he will assist with general accounting functions in the Finance and Accounting department. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, job titles and department transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Answers employee questions and respond timely to requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Collect timecards each pay period, store and maintain timecard files as required by law.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Track employees’ time off, and maintain accurate records of employee’s time off balances.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
- Prepares, administers and reports wages garnishments and court ordered deductions from employee paychecks.
Account Payables Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely scanning and uploading of vendor invoices and credit memos, assuring discrepancies are reviewed, researched and closed.
- Process accounts payable including auditing, validating, and processing all invoices for payment
- Resolve all invoice discrepancies and liaison with internal team members and vendor questions via phone or email ensuring good standing with the vendors
- Assist with Accounts Payable invoice inputting, check runs, checkbook updates, process prepaid, accruals and journal entries for month end and general Accounts Payable tasks as assigned
- General office work including filing, data entry, answering calls from vendors and customers
- Assist Accounting Department with year-end projects
- Other projects and duties as assigned to support the Director of Finance
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3+ Years of payroll processing experience for 150+ employees
- Proficient in ADP payroll
- Basic knowledge of leave laws (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL,
- Solid understanding of payroll tax implications as well as garnishments, payroll rules and regulations and legal compliance practices
- BA in Accounting preferred or similar accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, especially Microsoft Excel
- Can manage multiple tasks and prioritize work in an efficient manner, meeting all deadlines
- Must be a team player who is willing to help others
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Reports to: Director of Finance
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Supervises: N/A
SUBMIT MY APPLICATION
Client Services Specialist
The Client Services Specialist position is a challenging one, requiring a proficiency in computers, a comprehensive understanding of customer service, a knack for accomplishing detailed tasks and excellent time management skills. The responsibility of the specialist is to ensure client satisfaction and contribute to the overall success of the organization through creativity and active team participation. Specialists are enthusiastic and organized, educate themselves on our company’s software updates and act to deliver timely and world-class support to the company’s clients and their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technology / Software:
- Mastery of Outbox Technology’s cloud-based entertainment ticketing system
- Accurately build and maintain entertainment events on Outbox system
- Remain current with new software/product releases
- Provide event programming services
- Assist with event manifest creation
- Configure client marketing and promotional campaigns
- Assist the Client Services Manager with event submission and inquiries from venue clients
- Advise and educate clients to ensure a complete understanding of all Outbox products including ticketing system and access control
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices to all Outbox clients and offering answers to technical and product use questions
- Meet and exceed client service level agreements
- Communicate product updates, new features and functionality to client base
- Accurately track and report all client interactions to ensure consistent communication
- Conduct quality control processes to ensure the accurate data entry of all event details in the Outbox system, including Internet and Point of Sale
- Participate as an active team member to develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Use troubleshooting tools and techniques to identify the root cause of issues and apply appropriate remedial action for resolution
- Document new issue/resolution pairs to increase comprehensiveness of knowledge base
- Coordinate with product support groups to expedite problem resolution
- Resolve issues with Venue Box Office for events with problems and/or special circumstances
- Accept ticket buyer issue escalation from the Outbox Call Center
- Evaluate, solve or escalate issues to Client Box Office
- Provide feedback for opportunities to improve Call Center operations and website functionality
- Assist with ticket fulfillment as needed
- Advanced knowledge of computerized sales, or comparable computer/data related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to learn new technology
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with clients and other employees
- Service oriented, with strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Capable of multi-tasking and ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and pressure in a fast paced environment
- Creative problem solving
- Must be flexible about working nights, weekends and possibly holidays.
- Track record of creative problem-solving skills and analytical abilities in a fast paced service/support environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new environment and learn new skills
- Customer support experience in a technology based business would be a plus
- A general college degree, or comparable real world experience
- A passion for the live entertainment industry
Reports to: Client Services Supervisor/Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Only those qualified for the position will be contacted for an interview.
SUBMIT MY APPLICATION